NOLANVILLE PUBLIC WORKS ASSISTANTOpened: 5-8-2013 Closed: Open until filled Job Type: Full-Time Compensation/Benefits: $9.50/hour to $11.50/hour (DOQ), City pays medical insurance for employee only, Retirement through TMRS (Texas Municipal Retirement System) and 13 paid holidays a year
Performs a variety of semi-skilled duties involving the daily operations and maintenance of the Public Works Department which includes but is not limited to; street repairs, vehicles and equipment maintenance, maintaining city and park grounds, street signs, city buildings, operating city vehicles and equipment, assist and work with other departments, assist with animal control, help to maintain ordinance enforcement duties, work with county and neighboring cities, assist to maintain a clean city, maintain records and/or any other job duties assigned by the supervisor.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
This information is intended to be descriptive of the essential duties and responsibilities of the position. The following examples do not identify all duties performed by any single incumbent.
The following duties and responsibilities are not all inclusive. They are:
1) The work day will begin at 8 a.m. and end at 5 p.m., allowing for a one-hour lunch period. Must be capable of working nights, weekends and regular work in outside weather conditions such as; extreme cold, extreme heat, wet, or humid conditions.
2) Operates and cleans; trucks, backhoe, tractor, any other vehicles that need to be maintained.
3) Safely uses and maintains power and hand tools.
4) Maintains public facilities by performing such duties as mowing, picking up trash, watering, maintenance, building repairs and other like activities such as landscaping, road construction, tree trimming and painting.
5) Assist in animal control.
6) Loading and unloading supplies and materials, lifting and moving heavy objects.
7) Performs higher level maintenance and repair duties as required in a training capacity.
8) Ability to assist in Street and Road Repairs.
9) Ability to assist in Code Enforcement related duties.
10) When on duty, wears a uniform noting the City of Nolanville, Public Works.
11) Performs manual labor and other related duties as required by Supervisor.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
Qualifications: Knowledge of:
1) English usage, spelling, grammar, and punctuation.
2) Basic methods, terminology, tools and equipment common to general maintenance work.
3) Methods and procedures used in the safe and economical operation of trucks, vehicles and other equipment.
4) Safe work and driving practices.
5) Department organization, policies and procedures.
Skills In and Ability to:
1) Perform physical labor – light to heavy work required. Lift, carry and/or push 100 lbs with occasional lifting and/or carrying objects weighing up to 60 lbs.
2) Work with the public in a professional manner.
3) Use and properly maintain assigned tools and equipment.
4) Perform unskilled and semi-skilled maintenance and repair activities as assigned.
5) Operate vehicles, to include backhoe and tractor, observing all legal and defensive driving practices.
6) Read and write at the level required for successful job performance.
7) Understand and carry out verbal and written instructions.
8) Establish and maintain effective relationships with co-workers and members of the public contacted during the course of work.
9) Capable of working nights, weekends and regular work in outside weather conditions such as; extreme cold, extreme heat, wet, or humid conditions.
Education and Experience:
1) High School Diploma or GED
2) Must possess a valid Class C Texas Driver’s license issued by the state of Texas
3) Have basic computers skills in data entry, computer research, Microsoft Word
4) Be self-motivated and able to work without supervision
5) Must be willing to be certified as an Animal Control Officer
6) Be a team player and work effectively with others
7) United States Citizenship
TOOLS AND EQUIPMENT USE:
A variety of vehicles (pick-up truck, sedan, SUV, etc.), motorized equipment such as a tractor and backhoe, and front-end loader; chain saws, lawn mowers, hand tools and power tools, office equipment such as printers, fax machine, computer, telephone system, and any other equipment required to perform any of the job duties.
NOTE: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1) While performing the duties of Public Works Assistant, the employee is frequently required to sit, talk, listen, stand, walk, handle, operate objects, controls, and/or tools listed above; use hands, reach, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, and/or crawl.
2) The employee will maintain his/her physical wellness so as to be able to run, jump and climb obstacles in the course of carrying out any assigned duties.
3) The employee must occasionally lift and/or move more than 100 lbs. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
1) The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential function of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
2) While performing the duties of this job, the employee frequently works in outside conditions such as extreme cold, extreme heat, wet, or humid conditions. The employee occasionally exposed to fumes, airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals
3) The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate, but on occasion could rise to a high noise level requiring hearing protection to be worn.
The duties listed above illustrate the various types of work to be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work in similar, related or a logical assignment to the position.
This job description is not an employment agreement, contact agreement, or contract. Management has exclusive right to alter this job description at any time without notice. The City of Nolanville, Texas is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act the City will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and encourages both prospective and current employees to discuss potential accommodations with the City Manager.
To apply for the Public Works Assistant Position please send a detailed resume to Public Works Director Bob Pena at email@example.com or P.O. Box 128 Nolanville, TX 76559. You can also drop off your detailed resume at City Hall at 100 North Main Street Nolanville, TX 76559. You may also contact City Hall at (254)-698-6335, Fax: (254)-698-2540.
NOLANVILLE RESERVE POLICE OFFICER
The Nolanville Police Department has openings for Reserve police officers. Each officer must work 24hrs a month. Applicants must be TCLEOSE certified, have a high school diploma or G.E.D. and possess a valid Texas Driver’s License. Applicants with more than a 180 days separation must pass a psychological and drug screen at the applicant’s expense. Each officer must pass a thorough background investigation and complete a field training program. Interested applicants may apply by submitting their resume, a letter of interest and an application. Applications must be filled out completely. Omissions or incomplete applications are grounds for disqualification. Release forms must be notarized. You may click on the NOLANVILE POLICE APPLICATION FORM below for a application, or for more information/applications please contact the Nolanville Police Department at (254)698-6334.